Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Day 15

We're on our way out to dine at one of our favorite spots. It's not big or fancy but food is excellent, the service is wonderful and the atmosphere is warm and romantic. This is our day to spend some QT together...just me and him. I'm staring out the passenger window listening to one of his favorite XM radio stations. His car smells like conditioned leather, coconut airfreshner and him...all man mixed with cologne and....Ivory soap. (smile)

As we coast along the expressway, I keep my attention on what's going on outside the car so I won't look at the speedometer...I know he's speeding..at least a little. We're both very quiet which is not unsual for him since he's the silence to all of my noise. "You alright, Ella?" he asks.
I smile slyly. "I'm just trying to keep my hands to myself."

He chuckles and shakes his head. We exit the "E-way" and come to a stop light. I take this opportunity to turn towards him so I can look him over. He stares back at me with those soulful eyes of his. I let my eyes wander all over him and when look back at his face, he blushes and looks away. "You something else, you know that?" is all he can say. "Yeah." I say looking back out of my own window "but I'm your something else."

The green turning arrow flashes as the line of cars in front of us starts to proceed forward.

"Just so you know," he says "I will NOT be keeping my hands to myself tonight."

Could my grin get any bigger?

No comments: