Thursday, January 14, 2010

Day 13

Everytime there is devestation in the world, I am reminded how blessed I am. It brings to mind how small my problems are in comparison. Why am I complaining? I could be in Afganistan, Kabul, Rowanda or Haiti. I could be hungry, homeless, hated....but I'm not. Everything that I have is a blessing. Every breath that I take, though not even deserved, it freely given to me by my Father in Heaven. Instead of talking about, whining about, lamenting about what I don't have...I should be mindful of what I do have. Things can be taken away from you. People that you love can suddenly be gone. I will keep this foremost in my mind when I get that pity party invitation.

Forgive me Father for taking advantage of your love, grace and mercy. I never want to take those things for granted. I thank you, love you and praise you for everything big and small.

Amen

No comments: